In 1820, Illinois settlers began meeting together to worship God near Ten Mile Creek, which makes Ten Mile one of the oldest Baptist churches in Illinois. Eventually, those early Ten Milers decided to build a "house of worship" which was a 600 square foot log structure, located across the road from the current facilities, near the cemetery. Over the past two centuries, much has changed, but the essentials have stayed the same. Buildings have been raised and replaced, growing in size to match the growing community of worshippers. We have celebrated together the birth of children, baptized new believers, and grieved together as we buried brothers and sisters in Christ. The handful of pioneer worshippers has grown into the crowd of hundreds who gather together every week. Yet one thing remains the same … the name of Jesus has continually been lifted high by generations of men, women, and children gathering as "Ten Mile."